Friday, September 25, 2009

Fall has arrived!

I'm not ready for fall. Summer had a late arrival so I was really hoping for an extended warm spell that would take us part way into October. However, fall here is breathtakingly beautiful and if my hubs is able to rest his severely sprained ankle long enough for it to mend quicker (I'm not holding my breath on that one, as he's not one to sit still unless it's raining), then we'll be taking some nice walks with the boys on one of many quiet country roads we can choose amongst.

Since that may not happen, I'd like to share some fall beauty from a couple years ago when I was awestruck by the many colours of an Eastern Autumn. Out on the West Coast, the common colours of fall are green and yellow with the occasional splash of red... just enough to tease and remind me of what I knew of fall beauty from my childhood.

Enjoy!

I apologize for the poor quality images... I could go and edit them all in photoshop but other things take priority. Please click on the images to see them up close. At least you'll see more detail, however flat or fuzzy the images may be. I really want a better digital camera but I'm holding out for a 'too good to be true' deal.

This is the view from the back field behind our home. The photo doesn't really do it justice.

Tomato harvest. Tomatoes ripening everywhere I can find room.

Now, if I could pick up our house and relocate it (like, with the snap of my fingers) I would put it smack-dab in the middle of this opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment