Thursday, April 19, 2012

Living Lean and Loving It...



A fellow blogger and friend posted a link on Facebook about a family living on $20,000 a year. And they pay rent! The home is beautifully decorated and they're close to an incredible beach. They have my respect.


Sometimes life moves in directions you hadn't planned. Sometimes? Let's be real here and make that oftentimes. 


Seven years ago I had left a good job with good pay. So did Hubs. We realized when we met (nineteen years ago) that we might not always be in that position so we created a goal to work towards. That goal became owning a home which then became the plan to make the dream of homeownership a reality. Yea... something like that.


We had no debt so this was a good start. We lived way below our means which was pretty simply done. All it meant was that we didn't move up the ladder of higher rent and bigger, more expensive things. We still enjoyed day trips to our favorite places, eating in trendy restaurants and didn't have the financial pressure of those unexpected expenses that happen to all of us. 


In eleven years, we were able to reach our goal and I was chomping at the bit to get on with the plan. So, we bought our house here in the East Coast country, clear across Canada. A big move to say the least. 


That was seven years ago. Much has changed. Things we didn't plan for, hurdles we didn't think existed. 


I am at a crossroads of sorts. It's not bad. I get excited about it really. I'm about to venture down a new path but I can't finish this just now. I'm getting ready to go walking with a friend. This is becoming my daily requirement. Finally.


Oh, in case you're wondering about the subject header? I'll get to that later. Hopefully, tomorrow and I plan on keeping my blog exercises in better shape.

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the next installment......and who is that family that lives on 20 thousand???

    ReplyDelete
  2. You big tease! Or should I say you lean tease! I hope this means you will be posting more frequently! I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondered where you had been and what was going on with you, just catching up on blog reading right now and I see you have come back to us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marguerite, I'm in valleys and on mountains. One day up and one day not so up (don't want to say I'm down, certainly not out).

    ReplyDelete