Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I Love My Guy's Frenchys

There's a special place I frequent where I always find great things. It's called Guy's Frenchys... there are several throughout the Maritimes. During the summer months, tourists flock to these stores in search of great bargains. You never know what you'll find there. High-end clothing, foot wear, vintage goodies (my favourite thing to shop for), curtains, table cloths, books, jewelry, etc. Everything is thrown into large bins and you really need to spend time to find great deals, not to mention patience. 

And directly across from there is another little second-hand shop where there are often excellent goodies to be found. The average price on most of these items is $3.00 - how can one just walk away from that? Vintage glasswear and china is much cheaper.

I'd like to share with you some of my recent finds. Only the percolator came from a garage sale. A few weeks ago I just missed out on a never-used one so this was a must-have. I'd been wanting one for a long time and was searching on eBay, unwilling to fork out a fortune on shipping costs. At $4.00, this was a much better deal. 


At first I thought "yuk" but then I had to have it. 

I wonder if this is done by hand or machine. 

This is now being used to make great coffee. 

While the outside surface of my vintage find is scuffed up, the inside is as clean as never used.

This Pyrex mixing bowl shows signs of lots of use. I prefer to see it as having patina.

I think this sterling silver ring is rather pretty.

I like the frames (got a pair at $3.00 each) but those prints gotta go.

How sweet is this little letter holder? It had a price tag of 75 cents but she didn't include it in the total... on purpose. Nice.




Major score! This is marked "Glo-Mar Artworks NY" and my Google searches led me to some pricey pieces. Not that this is worth a fortune, but still, it's a great find.
Matching hook for one dollar!

4 comments:

  1. Great finds Michelle! That is the one thing I miss here is a really great Guy Frenchy's. I think the tablecloth is lovely and the towel bar and hook look very expensive. Seems you are having a fun Summer!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tablecloth? Nooooooo..... that's a heavy, knit blanket! One that I'll use this winter when working at my computer or sitting in the living room watching TV. I can't tolerate cold feet and winter.. well, it's like that here...cold feet weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. score! I'm so jealous! Not that I have room for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having no room for anything is no excuse. LOL! At least, it's not for me.

    ReplyDelete